Once you have found some a funded research opportunity that you want to apply to, you will need to allow for plenty of time since applying takes many steps. Preliminary steps include:
- researching the opportunity in depth;
- deciding what your goals are;
- seeking advice from faculty and URF advisers; and
- talking with faculty about letters of recommendation.
The next steps involve a good deal thinking and writing about yourself, your interests, and your plans. Applications typically include:
- Personal statement
- Research proposal
- Letters of recommendation
In later stages, you might also have an interview as selection committees make their final decisions.
Each application process is different. URF advisers are here to support you every step of the way.