Central European University (CEU) is a supported enrollment program sponsored by Bard College during the Fall and Spring semesters. A wide range of courses is offered to accommodate the needs of most majors.
CEU is an internationally recognized institution of higher education, which serves as an advanced center of research and policy analysis. CEU seeks to facilitate academic dialogue that will help build a better, more just, and sustainable global society, while preparing its students to be the next generation of leaders and scholars.
Courses are available in a wide variety of departments, including:
- Economics and Business
- Environmental Sciences and Policy
- Gender Studies
- International Relations and European Studies
- Jewish Studies
- Mathematics and Its Applications
- Medieval Studies
- Nationalism Studies
- Political Science
- Public Policy
- Religious Studies
- Sociology and Social Anthropology
All students participating in the Bard-CEU program will live in shared apartments. The apartments are fully furnished and include internet access.
You will be able to integrate into the academic culture and expectations at CEU through a variety of activities, student organizations, and clubs. CEU actively encourages and supports students’ interests ranging from chess and basketball to film and literature.
Review eligibility to ensure that you meet all Columbia requirements to study abroad.
Review the external program webpage to understand any additional program prerequisites.
To apply, you must complete the two steps below. Deadlines vary, and some applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Therefore, you should complete the steps below simultaneously:
- To apply for Columbia clearance (approval) to study abroad, click on "Start Your Application" on this webpage. Clearance applications are approved on a rolling basis until the application deadline listed on this webpage.
- To apply for program admission, complete an external application directly on the program webpage. Note that this deadline may be in advance of the Columbia clearance deadline.