CU Course Registration and Housing

While you are abroad, be mindful of the following steps you need to take while abroad to successfully return to Columbia University.

CU Course Registration

If you are on a semester or academic year study abroad program, you need to register for courses for the following semester at Columbia University while you are abroad. As usual, you will receive a date and time for registration on SSOL.

CU Housing

Columbia College and Columbia Engineering: If you are guaranteed housing before you go abroad, you will be guaranteed housing when you return. You will be able to register for housing while you are abroad or have a friend act as a proxy for you. Review the overview of study abroad on the Columbia Housing webpage for more information. Questions can also be addressed directly to:

School of General Studies: You will need to work directly with your housing contact to determine housing arrangements upon your return to Columbia University.